Monday, May 07, 2007

In love with Web 2.0

This week is the week of euphoric blog posts about things that sent chills down my spine, people I want to take my hat off to, ideas that are pulling us in the most imaginative and hopeful of directions...

This video by Professor Michael Wesch rocked my world at the Web 2.0 expo last month in San Francisco. Imagine a room full of thousands of people in an auditorium waiting for the conference keynote address to start. Except there is no announcer, no change in the lights, nothing to indicate that we were starting, except this video and the accompanying music on a giant screen. I can tell you there was silence within seconds. We were communally frozen until the applause -- which was electric. The YouTube version of the video is visually imperfect, but please trust me and stay for the whole thing.

No comments: